Saturday, 31 March 2012

Boys day out drinking in Birmingham 31.03.12

Well today I went to Birmingham for the afternoon with Shaun and Dave, as I found a pub when I was in Birmingham with Ryan that looked interesting and they both agreed it was worth an outing :) Ryan went to Nat's at 10.15 (well, to a birthday party) and so we all met in town at 1pm and got to Birmingham for 2pm. We went to here: Post Office Vaults, Birmingham City Centre I had seen that they had a lot of speciality beers and ciders, but hadn't expected a list of 14 box ciders lol. Well the boys knew a challenge when they saw one!

There were a few rank ones there (that I preferred actually, but I'm hardly a seasoned cider drinker... nowadays for sure), one of them made Shaun a bit ill, and Dave uttered a couple of 'my turn for the crap one' but on the whole they succeeded in drinking all 14 ciders on the list with relative ease. Struggling towards the end mind you, whether that was from the tastes getting worse or that they'd already worked through a few... lol.

Success :
We then went to the Brasshouse for food and the boys were obviously struggling, and left most of their Strongbows that came with the meals haha... We then got a train home, 3 hours after arriving in Birmingham, and got home by taxi at about 645pm, since the boys wanted another in Yates' on the way but mostly put money in the gamblers. Shaun passed on asleep as soon as we got home, so I thought I'd take the chance to update on here! x

No comments:

Post a Comment