
We couldn't find a taxi anywhere so walked back to Stoke station with intention of phoning for one from a more recognisable location. There was actually a sign outside directing to a taxi rank. I obviously hadn't seen this when we first walked out the station.. ah well. We got in the first taxi that was there and drove off to Central Forest Park, known to the locals as Hanley Park. It looked a lot bigger on google than it appeared to be in reality. Monster Trucks was a lot smaller than I had first expected. We watched some stunt motorbikes, bmx bikes, a couple of quadbike type things, a rolling car, and a girl driver crashing and rolling 2 knackered old cars. The show had started at 3pm and probably at about 3.30 or so, it started to hail. It was severely undelightful. I told Ryan 'ooh look at the snow' but he kindly pointed out that it was indeed ice, and that I had ice in my hair. Gotta love that chops. After the 'interval' (during which my highlight was using pajama trousers as a makeshift scarf and enjoying the warmth of the toilet handdryer too much), we watched some more motorbikes, and eventually at 4.20pm - 10minutes before the end of the show - the Monster Trucks came on and did a few runs along a few cars, squashing them and doing small jumps. At 4.30 we picked up a couple of posters from the souvenir hut, and then went out to meet the taxi - luckily the taxi driver from earlier had given me his card with number on and I texted him to ask him to get us at half 4. Ryan spotted the taxi before I did (what the hell I was on I have no idea) and he got us back to the station in plenty of time to catch the 4.56 train home. We ate 'dinner' on the train, which was sweets, crisps, and £1 baguettes we had picked up earlier on in Tamworth.
Ryan was a good boy today, but I don't think we'll be returning to Stoke any time soon!!

No comments:
Post a Comment